Powered by Blogger.

Just Chili Dad!

chili's

So you know that Chili’s is as American as you can get. Right up there with the Big Mac and the Mint Juleps from Kentucky. But did you know that America is re-inventing itself?

Yes. The popular American food chain Chili’s has been quietly unveiling its whole new look’n feel. And their latest outlet on Road No. 1 Banjara Hills is a showcase of sorts.

The first outlet in South India to sport the new colors. Possibly the biggest, or should I say the tallest outlet they have.

Right from the entrance you are made to realize the size of everything. The size of the welcome you get, is…big. The size of the multi-level restaurant that you walk into, is…big. And the size of the portions is, you guessed it…BIG.

Since I was familiar with the Chili’s Menu and I’d had more than a fair share of exposure to their delicacies, my focus yesterday was to get a feel of the place…the new place.

It was heartwarming to see that parking problems were not part of this package. And thanks to some detailed briefing, I figured out that Chili’s was big on consistency and speed of service.

I mean, come on. You don’t get to serve the US Army 400 soldiers at a time for so many years if you haven’t got your act together. If that calls for special, custom designed and automated ovens, then so be it.

And if word is out that Spain is the best country for sourcing ribs, let’s go unabashedly Spanish. But it would be unfair to launch into a description of the food if I didn’t start with the ultimate starter…the ultimate dip.

Six varieties of finger snacks with six sauces to match, all stacked up in a tower of delight. All the Chili’s signatures in convenience packs.

While the steak I dug into didn’t do much for me, the ribs…the Spanish ribs more than made up. Glazed heavily with barbeque sauce they looked like a couple in love. Only when you brought knife and fork towards them did you realize that they were on the verge of divorce. The meat and the bone separated so beautifully.

While I wanted to leave with the taste of Spain in my mouth, my friends at Chili’s insisted that I try the salmon. The salmon (not to be confused with SalmAn) is a tricky fish. It throws up challenge of texture and taste with naughty consistency. So I stayed on…and was tastefully rewarded. The best I’ve had in a long while.

I must tell you that while I was sipping on a ‘Veg’ Mojito all this while, one of my hosts managed to spring a delicious Virgin Mary on to me. My day was made, I thought.

But not before I took a forbidden bite of the chocolate fantasy that we were served was I allowed to leave. And left I did with a stomach that was all smiles. And a heart that was in love.

I can see myself spending a lot of time in this new branch of the Chili’s Tree. Starting perhaps with the House of Ribs promotion that is being put together in the next few weeks.

My daughter who was with me saw my excitement, and calmed me down with her usual “Just Chili Dad”. And just about allowed me to say…

Welcome to Banjara Hills Mr. Chili’s Man. Wish you all the best.

You May Also Like

0 comments