Powered by Blogger.

Them too are Hyderabadis:-)

You must have seen them. I'd be surprised if you haven't. I mean, they are everywhere.Every time. And they are too colourful to miss. Yeah, I think they are pathetic in their attempts to be...well, be! And it's a pity that by virtue of their domicile they qualify to be called Hyderabadis. I have been seeing them for quite a few years and have often imagined doing something suitably violent to them, but have had to hold back.

There is no particular reason why I am reminded of them today. And why I am in the state of anger that I am in. But I feel like going out there and killing them. Find a machine gun perhaps and perforate them. But then again, I wonder if they are worth my passion. So I step back, take a deep breath, relax and decide to just vent my anger online.

I know I have friends here who'll understand, commiserate...nod their heads in agreement and tell me that it's not necessary for me to take things so seriously. ‘Take light’ is obviously a sane piece of Hyderabadi advice.

But wait. I haven't told you who I am referring to. Oh damn! You must be wondering if I have lost my marbles. Sorry.

But you see what these guys do to me. They make me lose...lose track, lose sanity...lose my breath...lose control. Losers!

Now please understand, I cannot take names. We live in a free democracy where the definition of freedom changes with every 'like' pressed on Facebook and with every alternate tweet that threatens to go viral. But I can tell you that there are quite a few of them. Men, women and even those I suspect are in between.

Today however my energies are focused on a couple of men.

One of them is I think, a numbers man...with strange pretensions of divinity. The other is into infrastructure and obsessive narcissism. Both of them obviously went to the same finishing school (nowhere near Switzerland I assure you) because both of them practice the same strain of 'in your face' with the same degree of shamelessness. Both their tastes in fabric too border on the glitzy. And both believe society owes them big time.

If one guy gets called to almost every function due to the glamour and comic relief that he provides, the other normally lands up uninvited and hogs front row seats with flair and media attention with a ridiculous display of bonhomie.

If one of them basks in political glory bought by obscene largesse, the other lives in the afterglow of superstitious hoods. Both have smiles spelt with a 'lie' and both are disciples of falsehoods and fake spirituality.

Both have been the subject of a lot of bad press...having been accused of being third rate fellows, not so petty thieves and social embarrassments. Both walk with that confidence that's exclusive to conmen and strut about like peacocks in heat.

Now what brought about this tirade? Was it something specific? Something they did?Well...No, actually. I guess it has to do with Maha Shiva Ratri...both are ardent bhaktas you see...or so they would have us believe.

But I know that these guys are guilty of so many sins that God cannot, absolutely cannot accept them as disciples...not even for a joke!

And I have God's permission to say it...I hope:-)

As I am punching in this via my keyboard, I feel my anger ebbing away and a reluctant wave of tolerance sweeps over me. I don't want to kill them any more...I don't want to be the weapon of God...not His killing machine. I am sure God has planned a good after party for them. Soon. And arranged for goons to rough them up.

So until the next time my anger boils over, until the next man or woman irritates me and triggers off my ‘Kill’ mode, goodbye gentle people...let's give peace the chance it deserves. Let us give these guys a little more rope:-)

You May Also Like

0 comments