Powered by Blogger.

For a foodie, finding a hidden treasure is a Feast:-)

feast

It can’t be more prominent than it is. It is on the Jubilee Hills side of KBR Park. It is opposite Subway, Ulavacharu etc…diagonally opposite that Sodabottle place…it is one place with ample car parking, and possibly something we have all passed in a hurry a million times.

In my defence I must mention that the place has had a rather chequered past. From Sandwiches to Snacks two or perhaps three owners have changed since I first spotted the place. But the new avataar, FEAST…has been around for a few months now.

Chef Keshu who is one of the brains behind the great stuff at the Gallery Cafe is also the Consultant Chef here…and he has been inviting me to come check out his non-veg offering.

But you know how it is…something or the other crops up every time you make a plan.

Today, the rain caught us unawares and I found that I had a few minutes to spare. So Chef and I decided to do make the trip.

What strikes you first as you turn into the place is the amount of space they have…cars are parked, children are running around, girls are satisfying their ‘selfie’ urges…and the small cabanas invite you to sit down and enjoy the feast.

And then they place the menu in front of you.

My first reaction was “Wow, for a small street side place they do have a rather large spread”. Then I realise that a few regions have been all given centre stage. Mediterranean, Arabic, Indian…and all of them have been fine-blended with a chatpata flavour.

The FalaFel with Hummus was one of the best I’ve had. The Galouti Kebab on a crisp mini sheermal was a revelation. The green chutney accompaniment, the garlic sauce, and the juicy succulent chicken and meat pieces that made up the rest of the platter…with the pita bread quarters that are served in a warmer of sorts…all these and more make Feast a serious Party Destination.

Man, they have Combos…and Combos. Even rice plate combos. And they have desserts. A Baklava you’d kill for and I believe a Caramel Custard that dreams are made of. Plus Ice Golas and what have you.

But you know what? What floored me was not the range or the quality…I must confess that Chef Keshu’s involvement kind of guaranteed that in any case. And no, it was not even the pricing…Value For Money in another realm altogether.

No, what puzzled me was how this place had escaped the attention of so many of my foodie friends. I mean it’s like a College Canteen for families. A place to just hang out…or drive out from with a party in your back seat.

And one of the few places that remain open after a late night show.

And a place that proves that fine dining is not about air conditioned interiors and classy cutlery…it’s about pampering a palate and seducing it with sheer good taste.

Thanks Chef! See you again…soon.

 

You May Also Like

0 comments