Powered by Blogger.

On the way to Kurnool (and back) today I discovered a fantastic foodie website…www.hillpark.in

2015-01-04-661

I have been driving on the Hyderabad-Bangalore Highway for years now. From the days it was a single lane kind of state highway to its now world class expressway avataar. And the fun has always been checking out new eating places on the trip.

In the recent past I have been frequenting a place near Jadcherla because I found the food decent, the ambience nice and the loos were usable. Today however a few of my friends suggested that we stop in a place called Balnagar…and introduced me to Hill Park.

And let me tell you, I am a convert.

It started with seeing three entrances, leading to three cuisine sections. It started with having Milk Shake Counters, Ice Cream Shops, Subway Stalls, Cafe Coffee Day Outlets, Idli Dosa offerings, Biryani Platters et al…all in a sparkling clean environment that included a five star loo.

It started with the sound of three or four heavy duty bikes and SUVs that drove in early in the morning…Yamahas mostly…and Fortuners…kids from Hyderabad I think, who drove out on the ORR and stumbled into this really swank place. Cool man. Cool.

The Idli Dosas that I had were wonderful. Not Govind Bandi rich mind you, but nice. The chutney and sambar were what they were supposed to be. The Poori Aaloo that my friend had looked delicious and it was later confirmed that they were.

On our way back however we landed up during lunch time and were told that snacks would not be served. (Now that is a rule to remember).

Just now I can’t stop praising this place. If more such places come up in India, Road Travel can easily become a wonderful experience that many of us can share.

And now I am tempted to put on my Trekking Shoes and heading out to a different highway, a different cuisine…

Discovery!!! Here I come.

You May Also Like

0 comments