Powered by Blogger.

Ek adhura sa ehsaas…an unfinished melody.

nirvana

Gaana-waana bajaana to naheen jantey…par sangeet kay badey shaukeen hai hum…

Just a few days back, a wise man told me that the difference between Hindustani Classical and Carnatic Music was that the North Indian school was designed around the feel of nature…while the South Indian music was more mathematical in perfection.

Honestly, it did not make much sense when I heard this. But then, my knowledge of music is struggling to go past the Zero Mark.

Last night, at the invitation of Harini Ganti, the lady behind Cisne Arts, one of the more successful and reputed Event Managing Companies in Hyderabad…and indeed one with an exquisite taste and a certain understanding of class…I landed up along with my classmates Aloke Gupta and Anwar Ahsan at the Cyber City Convention Centre.

A very nice venue, I must add…as good as (if not better than) HICC at Novotel. Much smaller of course, but adequate.

Monsoon Nirvana is an event that is becoming something to look forward to. And the idea of promoting young talent and an exploration called fusion appealed to me.

So I went. And what an experience it was.

Who can speak the language of music, the stage seemed to ask. And to answer first, came the Piano. That itself was a shock to me because I didn’t expect this instrument to be part of a Hindustani Classical ensemble.

From the eloquence of the Piano, the focus shifted to a Cello…quirky eyebrows and hints of a smile dictated the tone of the musical conversation between tabla and strings. And I was beginning to get mesmerized.

The rest of the evening saw the introduction of the flute, the vocalist and the sitar.

And then I had to leave.

There was a climax in store, when all the individual sounds were to come together…and from what I hear now, it was exquisite. As for me…I can only imagine…

and promise that one day I shall stay on till the end.

You May Also Like

0 comments