Powered by Blogger.

Linked In is a great Networking tool. It is NOT a random database.

I have been noticing recently that I am getting many “I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn” requests. Because in my business I do not know who is possibly a potential client I blatantly accept all invitations.

On Facebook however I am very choosy.

When I become part of anybody’s network I expect that they look at my profile. And then enter into an online conversation. At which point if they feel it’s worth the effort, they establish a more tenuous conversational link.

Then and only then do I expect to be approached for a Sales Pitch. I have earlier written a blog in which I used the quote from a movie...if you want to fuck me, at least kiss me first.

The other thing that pisses me off is this ridiculous Indian habit of attaching a ‘Mr.’ to my first name. For heaven’s sake I am Mr. Marur...not Mr. Vijay. And I am Vijay only to my friends...and Vijju to my theatre buddies.

After swallowing all these insanities I am often further confronted with badly written letters where you are left with the doubt that the computer keyboard perhaps has a few letter keys missing.

Take a look at this sentence...

I want to provide you a glance of our company, if you feel like, anything for us to be outsourced in terms of technology or any of the following offered services will help you, do let us know

a glance of our company? it’s a glimpse of your company for Christ’s sake...not a glance.

if you feel like, anything for us to be outsourced...It took me a few minutes to figure out what you were saying...by which time it was too late.

Another masterpiece... we specializes in the development and implementation of business management software (integrated ERP & CRM software) and portals (ECommerce).

We specializes??? Wow this writer is in serious need of Grammatical Attention.

And the letter finishes by asking me...

So, i just want to check is there anything in which we can be in any help in any of these offered services to you?

God Help India.

You May Also Like

0 comments