Powered by Blogger.

Foodie vs. Foodie…

by - 10:10 PM

I am sure you hate my type. The kind that walks in late for the movie and then in loud whispers asks his friend to tell him the story of what happened till now. I have therefore been called a ‘Bull’ in a China Shop, an absolute boor and several other not so kind things. But I bash on regardless.

So forgive me, if I who feel that food is the greatest unifier in the world, find that in a small place like Hyderabad, the Foodies are multiplying…by dividing.

My understanding of an online Foodie Group is not just a huge fraternity that adds a whole new dimension to friendship and new circles of acquaintances, but it also represents an idealistic utopia foodkind of environment where hundreds of tastes and thousands of palates converge on a destination and come out with an opinion that is unbiased, and an opinion that can be of immense help to a community that seems to be always stumped for choice when it comes to eating out.

So what is behind this nuclear reaction that seems to have split the Foodie Atom, and created an explosion of sorts? It can’t be the age old debate of ‘should we drink’ or ‘should we not’. Having met most of you I hope I am right in assuming that it’s not a silly flexing of ego muscles that is the cause for the discord. I do hope it’s not about money. Then what?

What has made a bunch of otherwise lovely guys press the ‘let’s split’ button in such a hurry? Don’t they realize that it is the Self Destruct Button in disguise?

Ever since I realized that everyone from the Lions to the Rotarians to the Jaycees to the Masons…were all people who hid agendas behind their smiles I have been a conscious ‘stay away’ type. When I heard about the Foodies I thought all they hid behind their smiles was an appetite. And that was my sole motivation to be a part of this august group.

If I was wrong, and naïve…I am sorry. I am disappointed. If I was even half right, I quote the Father of the Nation who always believed that it was never too late for rapprochement. A good hand shake, a warm hug and maybe a chilled beer is guaranteed to clear the air every time.

And I for one can always offer my fridge for the chillingSmile

You May Also Like

0 comments