Powered by Blogger.

2000 onwards...

111126-135909This new millennium has been momentous for me. I managed to do what I had thought I’d never be able to, and I reconnected with what I had given up as hopelessly lost.

Workwise, some of my best creations saw the light of day during this period (disproving the theory that creativity is a younger man’s passion and domain). Familywise I found bridges of love and affection that I seem to have neglected or not even seen (through the fog of idiocy). And I discovered that friendship too was a heady wine that matured with age.

Though it was in 2010 that doctors indicated that my health condition was serious and suggested that I call my daughter back from Australia, it was only in 2011 that I saw a rally of friendship that left me astounded and humbled. Thanks to Google Groups and the ease of keeping in touch, our batch at school assembled online and many offline attempts were made to catch up. There were Kodak moments galore as we met each other after so many years, in some cases over 35 years. And suddenly we realised that time had not been able to disturb our relationship curve. We took off as if it was just a few days since we last met and suddenly everything was hunky dory (or denky hairy).

Friends travelled half way across the globe to meet me and made me feel very special. For that warm afterglow of our meetings, however short and however dry, I shall always be grateful and immensely proud.

Cousins and relatives suddenly discovered each other on facebook and I saw that the next generation who we were afraid at times would never come good, had already evolved into a group of over achievers who actually put our exploits to shame. And as the kids flaunted their new found husbands, wives, cars and holiday plans, our lives paled into insignificance on the excitement meter. Of course we still believed that we had a better time, given the facilities that were available to us when we grew up. Hahahahaha.

As a single sibling case, I found the bond between my sister and myself becoming stronger and suddenly she was my mother in a new avatar.

My children were all grown up all of a sudden and were getting ready to fly out of the comfort of home. We could only wish them all the best and hope that we had had some influence on their values and on their lives.

On a more trivial note I was gifted (by request) so many T Shirts that I am now the owner of a wardrobe that fits my needs like a T. I also saw more World War II movies than Adolf Hitler and more online Telugu movies than NTR. And people actually remarked that I was losing weight.

I drove a lot but sadly had to give up this hobby temporarily, so I am now not just driven but Driver Driven. And I often feel like a car driving instructor sitting on dummy controls.

My pajamas are custom designed and made for quick draws of the gun. But since I am bladder challenged, I shoot myself in the feet often.

My voice that used to be a roar has mellowed into a purr, and I am more emotionally vibrant now in the studio.

I have reconnected with theatre in a very satisfying manner and am looking on with awe at the sheer talent that the kids have.

Yes 2000-11 have been a ride of a lifetime. No tickets to this roller coaster ride though. It’s free and by invite only.

As I take a breath now, a deep breath…the car slows down on the slope and I look up to the slope leading to the skies. 2012 here I come, and I have a lot of friends and family with me. My SUV is fuelled and in top gear. Can you hear me honking?

You May Also Like

0 comments