Powered by Blogger.

And suddenly there was a khaki platoon in my house…armed with scotch!

I had not been well but I was slowly recovering. Friends and well wishers were urging me to get back home soon instead of being in a hospital. But none was warmer and more affectionate than my classmates from 1972 who rallied as a group and took it upon themselves to pump me up to normal.

In particular they were Shankar Mani, Saeed Ansari, Aloke Gupta and Pradeep Ramaiah. And all of them agreed that I was the lucky one to have Arun Rao as a brother in law.

One thing led to another and Shankar set a date for a mini class reunion where they would cheer me up and welcome me back to life and also informally felicitate Arun for being the wonderful soul he is.

The plan was to meet at Shankar’s where he promised to serve 21 year old Glen and Pradeep who was actually coming from Scotland for a visit promised to bring some exclusive malt himself.

But on the appointed day I realised that I was not yet up to going out partying. So I excused myself regretfully.

But the spirit of 72 was indomitable. All the boys trooped into a couple of cars and invaded my house with picnic basket, glasses, ice and exquisite scotch.

I who had almost given up the idea of getting to meet them was suddenly transported back into the corridors of HPS, the science block and the labs and funny fights and acts of madness like picking up the St. Ann’s School Bus.

The evening turned riotously funny and I slept well after a long time.

On behalf of my wife and daughters and on behalf of myself let me thank all my 72ers. You are the best part of a life I’d relive anytime.

Looking forward to meeting you all again in full cheer.

You May Also Like

0 comments